Monday 3 March – see attachment.
Age Scotland has been contacted recently with information about events that Police Scotland are hosting across Scotland. The purpose of these events is to engage with the community to talk about contacting the Police through their call centres. They want to know what barriers there are and how we can improve things for everyone.
The main focus of the event is for people with communication needs that prevent them having equal access – for example:
- British Sign Language users
- people who are hard of hearing
- people without speech or who have issues with their speech
- people for whom English is not their first language
- people who have a physical disability that causes issues when using the phone / email systems to contact the police
- people with learning disabilities
- people with mental health issues
(Please note these are only some examples)
The Edinburgh event will take place on Monday 2nd March (information attached). Please can you circulate this invite to all your contacts / service users / staff and encourage them to attend. This is a great opportunity for them to have their say on the way they prefer to communicate with Police Scotland both in an emergency and non-emergency situation.